- More & more businesses are looking for ways to bring down their carbon footprint and choosing a floor made with eco-friendly materials.
- Digitally printed flooring is a new technology that is becoming increasingly popular in commercial spaces.
- Vinyl sheet flooring is a popular choice for commercial spaces because it is durable, easy to maintain, and comes in various styles.
- Carpet tiles are another popular type of commercial flooring that can be replaced separately and are easy to install if they become damaged.
- Vinyl composite tile (VCT) is a type of commercial flooring that’s durable and easy to clean.
Flooring can be one of a business’s most critical but often overlooked aspects. It’s not just about making your space look pretty; flooring can significantly impact productivity and how your customers and employees interact with your company.
While it’s best to get your flooring project completed with the help of a commercial flooring contractor, there’s more information you must know. So, whether you’re planning to renovate an existing floor or building from scratch, let’s look at some of the most exciting flooring technologies expected to hit the market in 2022 and beyond.
Flooring Trends to Keep in Mind For 2022 & Beyond
Eco-Friendly Flooring Materials
When it comes to commercial flooring trends, one of the most popular trends is flooring made with eco-friendly materials. It’s because more and more businesses are looking for ways to reduce their carbon footprint.
Many different eco-friendly flooring materials are available on the market, including bamboo, cork, linoleum, and rubber. Each of these materials has unique benefits, so research to find a suitable option for your commercial space.
Bamboo is a fast-growing grass that can be harvested without damaging the environment. Bamboo flooring is also highly durable and easy to maintain.
Cork is another sustainable material that’s becoming increasingly popular in commercial spaces. Cork floors come from the bark of cork oak trees that can be harvested without harming the tree. Cork floors are also comfortable to walk on and have excellent sound-absorbing properties.
Linoleum is developed from natural materials like linseed oil, cork dust, wood flour, and jute. Linoleum flooring is environmentally friendly and very easy to clean.
Rubber flooring is an excellent option for large foot-traffic commercial spaces. Rubber floors are durable and slip-resistant, making them ideal for areas like gyms, restaurants, and retail stores.
To make your commercial space more sustainable, eco-friendly flooring is a great place to start. Be sure to consider all your options and consult a professional flooring contractor before making a decision.
Digitally Printed Flooring
Digitally printed flooring is a new technology that is becoming increasingly popular in commercial spaces. This type of flooring allows for endless design possibilities and can be used to create branding opportunities for businesses.
Digitally printed flooring products such as Luxury Vinyl Tile (LVT) look and feel like traditional flooring materials but offer more durability and easy maintenance. This type of flooring is also easier to install, which can save time and money.
Homogeneous And Heterogeneous Vinyl Sheets
Vinyl sheet flooring is a popular choice for commercial spaces because it is durable, easy to maintain, and comes in various styles.
Homogeneous vinyl sheets are made from a single layer of material, while heterogeneous vinyl sheets have multiple layers.
Both types of vinyl sheet flooring are available in various colors and patterns. However, Heterogeneous vinyl sheets are often used in high-traffic areas because they are more durable than the former type.
Carpet tiles are another popular type of commercial flooring. Carpet tiles can be replaced separately and are easy to install if they become damaged. Carpet tiles are available in various colors and styles, making them a versatile option for commercial flooring.
A commercial flooring contractor can install any commercial flooring. Flooring contractors typically offer various services, such as consultations, estimates, and installation. When choosing a commercial flooring contractor, choosing one with experience installing the type of flooring you want is essential.
Bamboo + Hardwood Flooring
Bamboo and hardwood flooring are two other options to consider for commercial flooring. Bamboo is a sustainable material that is durable and easy to maintain. Hardwood flooring is durable and easy to maintain, but it can be more expensive than bamboo.
Moreover, carpet and hardwood flooring can be used together in commercial settings. Carpet is typically installed in areas with more foot traffic, such as hallways and reception areas. Hardwood flooring can be used in offices and conference rooms.
Vinyl Composite Tile (VCT)
Vinyl composite tile (VCT) is a type of commercial flooring made from vinyl and fiberglass. VCT is durable and easy to clean, making it a popular choice for commercial flooring. VCT is available in various colors and patterns, making it a versatile option for commercial flooring.
Reasons You Should Modernize Your Commercial Space’s Flooring.
- Wear and Tear: Commercial flooring will show wear and tear over time. It can be unsightly and may even pose a safety hazard. Updating your commercial flooring will give your space a fresh, new look.
- Safety: Older commercial flooring may not meet current safety standards. Updating your commercial flooring will ensure the safety of your employees and customers.
- Energy Efficiency: Newer commercial flooring options are more energy efficient than older options. Updating your commercial flooring can help to reduce your energy costs.
- Things to consider before changing commercial building’s flooring:
- Cost: The cost of commercial flooring services can vary based on the kind of flooring you choose. Be sure to consider the cost of installation and maintenance when choosing new commercial flooring.
- Durability: The durability of commercial flooring is essential when choosing one for your business space. Choose flooring that can withstand the wear and tear of your business.
- Maintenance: The maintenance requirements of commercial flooring can vary based on the kind of flooring you choose. Be sure to consider the time and money you will invest in maintaining your new commercial flooring.
Here’s why you should consider upgrading to an open-floor design.
Things To Consider Before Renovating Commercial Flooring
- The type of business: The type of business will dictate the kind of commercial flooring services you’ll require and the flooring to be installed. For instance, a daycare center will need a different type of flooring than an office building.
- The amount of traffic: The amount of traffic in commercial space will dictate the type of flooring installed. Carpet is typically used in areas with more foot traffic, while hardwood floors can be used in areas with less foot traffic.
- The budget: The budget for commercial flooring services should be considered before any work is done. Commercial flooring can be expensive, so finding a contractor that can work within the budget is crucial.
Benefits Of Hiring a Commercial Flooring Contractor
- A commercial flooring contractor understands the complexities of the flooring process and will ensure that the job is done the first time correctly.
- They can guide you on the best type of flooring for commercial spaces and provide various options.
- Hiring a commercial flooring contractor can also save money and time in the long run, as they will be able to complete the job quickly and efficiently.
- Additionally, they can provide a warranty on their work, giving you peace of mind in knowing that your investment is protected.
The flooring industry is ever-changing, and the trends are always worth considering when deciding to modernize your commercial space. Functionality, durability, and aesthetics are all essential factors to consider.